Thanks to the gracious Lillie Ammann at Lillie Amman, Writer and Editor for the One Lovely Blog Award. Lillie is a wonderfully talented published author who consistently delivers informative and uplifting posts. She is a great champion of the writing community and never hesitates to share information that will help new and seasoned writers. She is also a crackerjack storyteller! Thank you Lillie for your continued support and guidance!
Recipients are asked to pass the award along to 15 other blogs, preferably blogs new to us. I follow hundreds of blogs many for business reasons but also devotional or pure entertainment. The list below is a mix for your reading pleasure,and I hope you’ll find a new blog or two to add to your own feed reader. I have been guilty of getting too busy to pass on these awards so if you’re selected no pressure to pass it on, I am just honored to have received it and want to recognize blogs that inform, inspire and entertain me.
The criteria for accepting the award are as follows:
- Post it with the name of the person who granted you the award along with a link to her Web site.
- Pass the award on 15 blogs that you have newly discovered (if possible).
- Contact the bloggers to notify them they have received the award.
Here are my choices (in the order they appear in my feed reader):
- Work Happy Now – This site focuses on work place happiness and its author, Karl Staib radiates optimism. He is one of the nicest people online with a true passion and enthusiasm for work feel like play for everyone. This one is not new to me but I could not resist including it.
- Business As Mission Network – I discovered this faith based site about a week ago. Each post focuses on leaders and businesses who are ” using their skills in administration and business to meet needs and be a light for God’s kingdom.” It presents insights that challenge and inspire us to be servant leaders.
- The Mid Life Journal – Joanna Young of Confident Writing authors this site that offers creative ways to get through the middle of life. It is not a site about hot flashes and mood swings but one that coaches and inspires us to harness our little w writer to navigate with joy through the middle season.
- The Fight Against Destructive Spin – Just discovered this site a couple of weeks ago and can’t get enough of the posts. The content is lively and informative and I felt welcomed right away. I am always looking for good PR and communications blogs and this is fast becoming one of my favorites.
- Kommein – Deb Ng, formerly of Freelance Writing Jobs continues her legacy of incredible content and community. She is the epitome of a lovely person and proves that whatever she touches is golden.
- Jan McInnis Comedy Writing Blog – I learned of Jan from the wonderful Peter Shankman. I bought her book and was delighted to connect with her blog recently. Jan is funny, but even better she can teach other people to be funny. Her posts are smart and informative and tailored for business audiences.
- Sandra Heshka King – While writing this post this week, I discovered this blog through the High Calling Blogs Around the Network post. Sandra is a warm and talented writer who writes about God, family, writing and even shares poetry. It was love at first sight.
- Annarchy -Ann Handley is nott new to me but I am in love with Ann’s writing. This is her personal blog and the posts are not frequent but whenever a new one shows up in my reader, it feels like Christmas morning. This woman is one of the most talented storytellers who I know with an ability to wring depth out of a blade of grass.
- Infosmak – Joe Crockett is truly a lovely person. He is a tech guy with a writer’s heart and far too modest to even promote his blog, so allow me to do it for him. Joe offers slice of life observations, prose and more. As he lives life with eyes wide open, he takes you along for the journey.
- Web Savvy PR – Cathy Larkin is smart, focused and gracious. She truly knows PR and Social Media and though she’s on the leading edge she’s not at all showy. I have gotten to know Cathy through Twitter chats and I recommend her tweetstream too.
- Frog Blog – Fred Schlegel is smart, and very funny. Whether sharing groundbreaking business ideas or blogging about change, his posts are warm and inviting.
- Sticky Figure – Steve Woodruff is a man who clearly loves life and it shows in everything he writes. Even his occasional rants are written like a man with a permanent smile on his face.
Not quite 15 but I’ll share others in future posts. Thank you to those on the list and those in my reader for making me think, laugh, cry and smile!