Image by FL4Y via Flickr
Written by Karen D. Swim
I was tagged by the uber talented Ann Handley a few weeks ago for a meme. Ann is the Chief Content Officer of Marketing Profs, a sought after speaker, a masterful storyteller and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Ann did a twist on the meme and shared journal entries. I was delighted to comply with Ann’s request so I searched for something interesting to share about myself. I came up with…nothing, so l procrastinated. Weeks passed and the meme swept through the blogosphere picking up friends along the way. The delightful Kellye Crane picked it up and sent it my way, and now the task is 7 things. I can’t ignore two of my most favorite people in the world and as Amy Derby hilariously wrote, “I’m doing it now before someone upgrades the request to 101.”
- I’ve been tagged twice for this meme, oh right you know that now. I have never broken a bone. I did not steal this from Mack Collier, okay in a way I did because he revealed it in his meme and it’s true for me too. But it’s weird right? Does this mean I’ve played it too safe?
- I do a wicked impression of Billy Bob Thornton’s grunt in Sling Blade. It is one of my favorite things to do and sends me into a fit of giggles every time. Oh c’mon you make yourself laugh too, admit it.
- I go through periods of loving and eating the same food everyday. My current addiction is veggie dogs. I eat them daily, lunch or dinner, sometimes both. This has been going on for several months now, my previous addiction was cereal (which I still love). No person or animal is ever harmed in my addiction, so it’s all good.
- I used Oprah’s list as my anti-reading list. Once I bought a book that didn’t have that Oprah label thingy and I was really upset to discover it was on her list. I felt like I’d been secretly inducted into a club to which I did not want to belong. I have nothing against Oprah but you know the whole legions of fawning fans thing kind of creeps me out. Maybe it’s that early encounter with the hippie cult people…
- I hate shopping. Not a fan of mall browsing, window shopping, even web surfing. My motto for shopping is get in and get out as fast as you can. The last time I visited a mall was two years ago and I think I broke a record for in and out times. There are exceptions though, I could spend all day (well maybe not all day but a whole bunch of hours) in a sporting goods, electronic or book store.
- I can’t take Jamie Foxx seriously as a sex symbol or singer. I mean, Hello, the man did make Booty Call.
- I watch Everybody Loves Raymond every week night before I go to sleep. I set the timer on the TV because I like to fall asleep laughing. Yes, I’ve probably seen every episode but it still cracks me up.
Well there you have it useless bits of trivia about yours truly. So, now I’m supposed to torture tag someone else. If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. 🙂 If you just want to share something strange, funny or you know heartwarming in the comments, feel free.